Map of Travels

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Goodbye Europe, Hello Asia!

Sorry I haven't been blogging as much. It's been a very busy few days. Last we left off in Istanbul. The last day in Istanbul we stopped by the Military Museum which was really cool. They had weapons all the way back from the days of the huns. My favorite was the gun swords and daggers. Mom wanted the gun dagger. There were also gun canes which were pretty cool. After that we took a little walk down some shopping streets. Mom and I "climbed" a tower and got a cool view of the city. It wasn't much of a climb, there was a stupid elevator. Then we just kind of took it easy the rest of the day. We had dinner at our favorite Turkish restaurant. It was the same place we ate the first night. We couldn't resist, the food was just too good.

The next day we headed to the airport. We checked in the parents, I said goodbye and they went through security. They are heading for Budapest where they meet up with my Uncle Mitchell and Aunt Vicki for a cruise along the Danube. It sounds like a blast. I saw the boat online, it's kinda funny lookin. Anyway, I had to wait another hour or so, then I checked in to my flight. I flew from Istanbul to Kuala Lumpur to Hanoi. All via Malaysian airlines, which by the way is an awesome airline. The plane was the nicest I have seen the whole time, had on demand movies, big comfy seats, and cologne in the bathroom, which was wierd in a good way. This was just in economy. I was just about to fall asleep when one of the kids behind me got sick. I got up and tried to help the parents and stewardesses. The father was kind of a jerk, he barely did anything to help. The mom practically lept over the seats to get to her kid when it happened. Anyway, that pretty much ensured I wasn't sleeping. So instead I watched Toy Story 1 and both Iron Man movies, all on the Malaysian Airlines video thing. The Kuala Lumpur airport was pretty nice too. Not a bad place to be stuck for 5 hours. Got some breakfast and watched Bottle Shock on some Samsung thing. Got some sleep on the flight to Hanoi. Which we will hear more about in the next post....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Calendar

 
© Greg Galante 2009. All rights reserved.