Map of Travels

Monday, September 6, 2010

The Last Word

The flight home was great. We got lucky and had an international plane, which means better entertainment systems, better food, better everything. We got delayed a little in LAX, but I fell asleep in a cafe and Kristen caught up on journaling. So all in all, it was a great trip home.

So here's the last word on my favorites and least favorites of everything. I figured this would be a good way to end the story of my trip around the world in 60 days.

Favorite Flight: Korean Airlines, Tokyo->Honolulu
Worst Flight: Delta Airlines, Beijing->Tokyo
Comment: Just don't destroy my bags Delta. That's all I ask. And Korean, you had first class service the whole way to Honolulu. Fantastic job.

Favorite Hostel: K's Hostel, Tokyo
Worst Hostel: Legends Hostel, Rome
Comment: K's was cheap, great location, and had fantastic staff. Legends was expensive, had a terrible location, and lied to me about A/C.

Favorite Hotel: White House Hotel, Istanbul
Worst Hotel: Windsor Palace, Alexandria
Comment: It really wasn't the staff's fault. They just need to knock down the Windsor Palace and build something that isn't so terrible.

Favorite Country: Japan
Worst Country: Egypt
Comment: Greece was unfortunately disqualified. Kristen being there gave it a HUGE advantage. And while Egypt was amazing and I can't wait to go back, it was an easy decision to make it worst. I had money extorted from me. It's hard to overcome that.

Favorite Attraction: The Great Wall of China, Beijing
Worst Attraction: The Vatican Museum, Rome
Comment: Everyone should see the Great Wall before they die. It is amazing.

Favorite Food: Kristen's Mushroom Tortellini, Greece
Worst Food: Coffee, Vietnam
Comment: I don't think I had a single meal I hated the whole trip. It was all amazingly good. But Greece knocked the pants off every place else for food. Meanwhile, Vietnam does great tea but their coffee is just awful.

Thing I Missed Most: Personal Space
Comment: Obviously this doesn't include friends and family. England, Ireland, Japan, and the US are the ONLY countries I have visited that have personal space. And China doesn't even understand the concept.

Thing I Will Miss the Most: Making Friends
Comment: My favorite part of the whole trip, was making friends in the hostels, on the trains, and the boats. Sharing stories, food, and eventually friendship.

So now I have been all the way around the world, and I have just one last thing to say. I love America, I love New York City and New Jersey and Little Silver, and it is so good to be home again, in the best place in the whole world!

1 comment:

  1. In holiday vacation If your planning to go anywhere Rome is Beautiful place every one can enjoy comfortably and The Vatican Museum In Rome It's famous all over world..

    Thanks For Sharing..

    Rome cheap hotels

    ReplyDelete

Calendar

 
© Greg Galante 2009. All rights reserved.