Map of Travels

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Guiness, and Jameson, and Blarney Stones

The first few days of the trip have been pretty awesome. The first day I wandered around still jet lagged from the flights over here. I can't believe I survived that day. I was SO tired. I wandered around Trinity college for a few hours. Temple Bar district for a few hours. Then finally crashed at my hostel once they let me in.

Today I took a day trip all the way out to Cork and Blarney. Unfortunately, it is a long journey, and so I wasn't able to give Cork even 1/50th the time it needs. It really was a beautiful city, and I would love to see the Heineken and REAL Jameson factories there. Not to mention the school where my favorite girl in the world attended. Oh well, I'll just have to take her back there eventually. Oh darn. I did however kiss the Blarney stone. The Blarney castle was pretty impressive too. Beautiful grounds and a lot of the original structure has been rebuilt / restored. Definitely worth the trip.

The people I've met so far might be my favorite attraction of this whole trip. The unfortunate part is I can only get to know them for so long before I or they have to move on. I met one guy who's an Irish paparazzi, and was out at all hours of the day getting shots of Green Day and the like. Another girl was the hiring person for Extreme Home Makeover, helping to find the families who get their house rebuilt. This other guy has been traveling and living off his graduate stipend while he finished up his thesis. Not a bad way to study. He'd been at it for a year I guess. And lots more. I'll try to update you guys with the most interesting ones.

Now I should try and find a hostel for Madrid so I have someplace to sleep when I get there. I'll try to add some pictures tomorrow night.

2 comments:

  1. Spain is that where the rain stays mainly on the plain. So why is it so dry there.
    Keep those updates comming.

    ReplyDelete

Calendar

 
© Greg Galante 2009. All rights reserved.