Map of Travels

Monday, June 21, 2010

It has BEGUN!

Here I am everyone! First stop is Dublin. It took me all of 20 seconds to get lost after I found my hostel. Beautiful city. It's a nice cool and sunny day. I'm sitting in an internet cafe right outside of Trinity College. I've slept for only 5 hours but I'm having a blast!

For the record my dad was correct about everything so far. Yes the phone was a lot more necessary than I thought. Yes the hotel in Heathrow was a good idea. Although it cost me an arm and a leg. 175 pounds for one night! Although there were cheaper ones. The problem was that my flight to Dublin was at 6:45 so I had to pick an airport hotel whose shuttle had a short route. It limited my options. Still the sleep wasn't just nice, it was NECESSARY. I thought I would sleep on the plane, but this 7 foot tall overweight gentleman decided to sit behind me in a seat far to small for him. There were empty economy seats with more leg room, but they cost an extra $20. Apparently that was too much for him. Instead he threw a temper tantrum at the stewardess for bumping into him, the woman next to him for taking part of the arm rest, and me for trying to recline my seat. Meh, I should have guessed something like that would happen.

So far the 40 year old toddler has been the only hiccup. Everything else has been a blast! Just being back amongst English-ish culture makes me feel like I'm back in Brighton. Mix that with all the new sights and stuff to see in Dublin. I'm exhausted and excited and loving every minute of it! And I'm also rambling. So I'll finally get to the part you all probably care about. Activities.

I have a few hours before I can really crash in the hostel. So I'm gonna go get lost in Trinity College area, maybe part of the Temple Bar district. Then I'll go back, shower and get some much needed sleep. Tomorrow is the Guiness and Jameson tours, plus some more random wandering of Temple bar area. The following day I activate my train pass. I think I'm going to just spend the day riding the best of the nearby Irish rails. Then I'll come back to the hostel for some web chatting and flight arangements!

That's enough babbling for one day. I'll be sure to post again around Wednesday or Thursday. Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! OH and I'll try to post my calendar on the facebook group so that anyone who wants to join me will have an easier time. Remember FLYERTALK. It's a forum and a little hard to look through, but you cannot find better flight deals ANYWHERE.

1 comment:

  1. hey Greg tall fat men should not throw tizzies, anyway keep trucking . Bear

    ReplyDelete

Calendar

 
© Greg Galante 2009. All rights reserved.