Map of Travels

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Legoland, Wilhelma, and Dodging Milan

So I'm safe and sound in Rome now. But before I get into the trip down, I should tell you guys about Legoland. It was awesome! Pretty much a full theme park, with little areas where you could play with Legos. If I had been in a group of people I probably could have actually gone on a ride or messed around in the construction areas. Unfortunately it was just me, so to avoid looking like a creeper, I made sure to keep moving at all times. Took lots of pictures though. Legoland for me was more about the spectacle. They had Lego versions of Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Venice, famous castles, an airport and a stadium. Pictures of most of these are on facebook.

The next day I went to the Wilhelma, a big zoo in Stuttgart built on the land from some famous garden. Don't know about the garden part, but the animals were pretty cool. They had a really big selection too, and most of the animals had babies recently, which increased the cuteness factor by a lot. Again pictures are on facebook. After Wilhelma, I ran back to webchat with a special birthday girl, who I miss a TON.

Today I took the day long train ride from Stuttgart to Rome. Three trains. Stuttgart -> Zurich. Zurich -> Milan. Milan -> Rome. Unfortunately, the Zurich -> Milan train was delayed. When it got in, I had to bolt for the Rome train, crossing 10 tracks in under 2 minutes. The train pulled away less than a minute after I jumped on. Sorry Milan. You were so close to messing up another one of my trips. All worked out in the end, and the train ride from Zurich -> Milan was gorgeous. We went through the heart of the swiss alps in one of the most beautiful train rides of my life.

Just about time for a "pasta party" here at my hostel, so I should jump off. Tomorrow is the Anicent City here in Rome. Lots to do and see here!

2 comments:

  1. The legoland sounds so cool, knowing me I would of been stuck there bilding a replica of the great wall of China. To bad you did not get some time in Milan, The main cathedral The Duomo
    is the most beautiful cathedral in the world.
    Any way in Rome be sure to throw a euro in the
    Trevi fountain and make a wish. Enjoy Rome.

    The Bear is following you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so fantastic!! Have you met any interesting people to speak with?
    Be sure to visit the Vatican, even if the lines are long. It is amazing!
    If you can't get to Pompei, go climb Mt. Vesuvius and visit Herculeum, the city below Mt. Vesuvius, it is as amazing as Pompei.
    Hope you are spending lots of time in Rome, so much to see.
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Calendar

 
© Greg Galante 2009. All rights reserved.